Field Service Technician
Barbizon LightingWashington, DC
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Field Service Technician jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Field Service Technician postings
Full Time Job
Barbizon Capitol, located in Alexandria, VA, is looking for a fulltime Field Service Technician. This full time position offers a great opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment. The perfect candidate will be a theatrical stage or TV studio production technician looking for a more traditional work schedule. Applicant should have at least 5 Years experience in technical theatre/studio field.
Barbizon has been providing the entertainment industry with lighting, rigging and drapery supplies for more than 50 years. The Alexandria (Washington, DC) office services customers in the mid-Atlantic region. The company specializes in the supply of entertainment lighting and rigging equipment in venues such as professional theatres, television studios, retail stores, schools, universities and themed environments.
Job responsibilities include field commissioning and repair of theatrical dimming and control systems, console repair, training end users, billing, providing telephone support and emergency service response. Job requires close contact with all major theatrical dimming and control equipment manufacturers.
The applicant must possess the following;
• Strong mechanical and electrical systems aptitude
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair circuits in a simple system
• Knowledge of analog and digital control techniques
• Knowledge of high voltage safety
• The ability to read and understand simple schematics and mechanical drawings
• Basic understanding of computerized lighting control, dimmers and interfaces.
• Understanding of DMX and Network protocols
• Some Automated lighting systems experience
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer networks required. Knowledge of Windows Operating System (98, 2000, XP) and Microsoft Office a must. AutoCAD/Visio recommended, but not required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills a must
• A confident personality with the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
• Valid drivers license with clean driving record