Video Department Manager
Bang Zoom! StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company in the hottest industry space that offers an exciting, stimulating work environment with tremendous career growth potential. We focus on innovation, creativity, and cutting edge technology.
Bang Zoom is a Burbank, CA based Post Production company whose clients include video content owners, distributors and studios. We deliver end product to numerous online, TV and mobile platforms. You'll enjoy working with a great team of people who really care. We do things as a group when we can, and try to have fun every day! Flexible hours. Great benefits including health insurance and a 401k plan.
The Video Department Manager will be our go-to video team work flow guru capable of filling almost any role in this medium-sized company while continuing to maintain project workflow, performing media management, and implementing technology upgrades. On a day-to-day basis our Video Dept Manager troubleshoots and solves any video team issues, supports all employees and advises on ingest, logging, workflows, and deliverables. He/She will constantly be overseeing and managing a team of audio engineers and interfacing with other departments in the studio.
The right candidate is dependable, responsible, and an excellent communicator who is able to ''talk the language'' of video and audio engineers and end-users alike, interfacing with technical vendors as well as creative artists, and dealing professionally and respectfully with the team of employees as well as clients. Outstanding interpersonal skills are a must! Our industry is more computerized than ever, and being an excellent and fast learner who can stay up-to-date with current trends and developments is key to this position.
• At least 2 years of professional post production experience
• Excellent understanding of digital video standards, codecs and formats
• Excellent people and management skills
• EXTREMELY HIGH level of organization
• Mac and PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
• Deep technical knowledge of Mac OS
• Network engineering
• Backup systems, maintenance and best practices
• Ability to support and maintain FTP, DNS, and related services
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to squeeze under desks or behind racks, as necessary
• Degree or certification in Video tech/Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
• Technical Support Professional, Technical Coordinator, or System Administrator
• Ability to QC and run an online session, reading scopes and following delivery specs
• Minor hardware repairs (cables, etc)
Salary: We're a great place to work with appreciation and respect, competitive salary, full health coverage, vacation and personal time and a very generous 401(k) plan. Salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary history.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full health coverage and 401(K) plan.
Job Code: VDM
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online