Windows System Administrator
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation and support for the Microsoft Windows environment. The sysadmin will serve as a technical resource in the area of Windows administration and monitoring
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Administers, installs, configures, and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibilities.
• Recognizes and troubleshoots operating problems with server hardware and application software.
• Diagnosis hardware and software problems and recommends solutions and performs necessary system repairs
• Researches, analyzes and recommends backup/security strategies as required.
• Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience required
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role
• One year of system administration with Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 operating systems.
• Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and Group Policy
• Experience in maintaining server and storage environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades
• Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM/SCCM
• Previous work with Microsoft Clustering technology – Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 platforms.
• Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred.
• Previous work with Microsoft Exchange.
• Experience scripting experience with Powershell is preferred
• Strong communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with other systems technical staff, internal business customers, and external consultants and vendors.
License(s)/Certifications Required: GSEC or GCWN a plus