Sr. Solutions Architect
This was removed by the employer on 12/14/2016 8:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr. Solutions Architect jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Sr. Solutions Architect postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: This role will be directly responsible for understanding the project requirements and creating a project solution following the technical boundaries of BMI Enterprise Architecture. Solution Architects collaborate with business analysts, project managers, scrum masters, developers, infrastructure, data services and quality analysts to implement projects successfully. They analyze and translate functional and non-functional requirements into an architectural blueprint with would provide realization to achieve business objectives. They are part of Enterprise Architecture Group actively contributing on various technology initiatives.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Oversee and contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements.
• Consult and advise business and technology delivery managers on how to translate business requirements into technology solutions.
• Analyze technical options available within the existing technology environment and recommend appropriate solutions to meet business requirements.
• Provide thought leadership around best practices and new/emerging concepts.
• Assist in the estimation of personnel requirements, cost, and time for development projects.
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies and technology service providers.
• Perform resource, technical and risk assessments.
• Lead and/or oversee the design and modeling of architectures for solution delivery and verify alignment of physical implementations to architecture.
• Accountable for the technical integrity of the solutions, cost effectiveness and supportability that meets BMI requirements and industry best practices.
• Develop & Deliver Solution Architecture document, service specifications – identification & documentation.
• Ensure code developed is in compliance with architecture provided.
• Review code for standards & best practices.
• Document Technical debts incurred during implementation.
• Complete projects on time.
• Develop and deliver technical artifacts such as deployment guides, prototypes, pilots, best practices, reference architectures and solution artifacts.
• Coordinate software system installations and monitor to ensure specifications are met.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, listening, and walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches B corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
Must be willing to work after hours and weekends if needed.
Understand and accommodate existing organization culture.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience. Preferred degree in Computer Science or Math.
• Understanding of SOA, orchestration, web service end point creation and integration to legacy APIs, Brokers, Service Buses and other patterns or practices that can be applied to accomplish similar goals. Microsoft MSMQ or Azure Service Bus preferred.
• An understanding of UML, and the ability to create and maintain project work products including use cases, data flow charts, process flow diagrams, software requirements document, functional specifications document, etc.
• A strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, Agile/SCRUM, testing.
• A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
• A solid understanding of Business Process Management (BPM) design principles and their practical application.
• A solid understanding of designing and implementing rules, event and messaging architectures and their practical application.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in architecting distributed systems and enterprise web applications.
• Should have architecting experience in both vendor specific technology stack (Microsoft) and open source technology stack.
• Seven (7) years of hands-on experience in developing software using the .NET framework and/or Azure.
• Should have hands-on code development experience using the following languages: C#, Transact SQL & PL/SQL.
• Extensive experience (over three years) Service Oriented Architecture design, development and implementation of web services (WCF and/or Web API).
• Hands on experience with the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Applied and cross-domain knowledge in secure coding practices, architecture, object oriented development, services and databases such as SQL Server and Oracle.
• Experience in design, implementation and architecture governance within a large corporate environment.
• Experience in designing and developing web services following SOAP/REST/JSON standards.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong Relationship & Team Building Skills
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Project Management Skills
• Able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences; including presentation of data and analytical information.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment.