Sr. Data Analyst
This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2017 3:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Sr. Data Analyst jobs in Nashville-CA
Search all Sr. Data Analyst postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Conceive, design and create standard and custom reports/dashboards that are prepared for use by Operations, Performing Rights, Writer Publisher Relations, Licensing, Legal, Senior Management, and external customers. Serve as the liaison between the department and the Data Services Team in order to deliver enterprise-wide business solutions.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Designs standard and custom reports/dashboards that are prepared for use by Operations, Performing Rights/Writer Publisher Relations, Licensing, Legal, Senior Management, and external customers (audio and a/v sources).
• Presents detailed analysis to BMI management; written and verbal.
• Provides in-depth analysis of key Business data, and help form actionable recommendations to be used by Department and Senior Management.
• Leads detailed analyses of music share processing, performance metrics, distribution analytics, and applications.
• Assists in developing, creating, testing, and generating routine analytical reports and custom business analysis using Business Intelligence tools and SQL.
• Works closely with departments throughout organization to produce actionable analysis related to music usage, performance data, and historical trending of key business metrics.
• Collects, prepares, adjusts and analyzes quarterly and annual music usage data as obtained from Royalty Distribution processing files.
• Develops improved methods and recommendations for music use analysis.
• Converts files from various computer platforms such as mainframe, UNIX and PC.
• Maintains databases that are used by this department for music use and statistical research and analysis.
• Conducts research to gather information from a variety of sources, including BMI internal databases, the Internet and 3rd party data providers.
• Attend meetings.
• Assist in department projects in areas outside of regular workload.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a relevant major or minor such as Business, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar discipline required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years experience business analysis, data analysis, statistical analysis or related experience. Experience conducting research and analysis with large data sets. Experience writing queries in SQL, creating reports through Business Intelligence software, and using Microsoft Excel and Access to conduct analysis and improve business processes.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must have knowledge of data processing concepts, basic statistics, and database concepts.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Mathematical, statistical, and analytical aptitude – good at problem identification and solving.
• Above average ability with BI reporting tools such as Cognos, QLIK, Tableau, MS SSRS; advanced preferred.
• Solid SQL query writing skills.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None.