Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Design, build, and maintain software. Extensive interaction with product management, UI/UX designers, enterprise architects, and other software developers to design and develop innovative solutions to real market problems.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Participate in all phases of managing the Application Lifecycle Management: requirements analysis, development, testing, and implementation. Participate in technical logic and design discussions
• Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and on enterprise architecture guidelines
• Lead the review process for software architecture documents
• Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements
• Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
• Work with UX/UI to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
• Create, maintain, and present technical documentation to different audiences and levels
• Perform resource, technical and risk assessments
• Work with other development, architecture, and product development teams to ensure delivery of product
• Work with 3rd party vendor on technical design/specifications, development, testing and deployment to ensure the product meets the requirements
• Assist in the timely completion of assigned development projects
• Prepare required documentation, including project plans, software program, and user documentation
• Assist in the estimation of personnel requirements, cost, and time for development projects
• Other duties as assigned
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Math or equivalent industry experience
Front End - Experience:
• Five (5) years Object Oriented development experience
• Five (5) years C# project implementation experience (additional experience is strongly preferred).
• Strong hands-on expertise in developing C# server-side multi-threaded services
• Strong hands-on expertise in developing web applications utilizing ASP.NET
• Strong hands-on experience with multi-tier design patterns and frameworks; MSDN Patterns, MVC, Entity Framework.
• Deep knowledge of the .NET framework.
• Strong SQL experience: Oracle preferred
• Hands on working knowledge of WCF, Web Services, SOAP, REST, and JSON
• Knowledge of industry standard source control systems
• Proficiency in Team Foundation Server and Sharepoint is preferred
• Experience with industry standard communication protocols; SOAP, REST, JSON, and XML
• Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
Mainframe - Experience:
• Seven (7) years Mainframe development experience
• Seven (7) years strong hands-on experience in the following technical areas:
• DB2 for ZOS
• COBOL II
• MVS JCL
• • • CICS
• Microsoft Office Including Visio
• IBM DFSORT and ENDEVOR experience is a plus
• Proven database experience, strong SQL experience
and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Must possess ability to implement strong unit and service-level tests
• Understanding of SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration
• Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, when required
• Must have progressive achievement in job history
• Detail orientation and strong attention to detail
• Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
• Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is preferred
• Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Must possess strong analytical and technical documentation skills
• Must possess the ability to create and maintain artifacts including use cases, data flow charts, process flow diagrams, software requirements document, functional specifications document, etc.
• Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
• Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment