Part-Time Data Developer
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Executes assignments to efficiently, accurately, and securely acquire, integrate, provision and analyze large sets of data.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Develop software using scripting, object-oriented, and general purpose programming languages to manage data and metadata across a heterogenous, enterprise environment
• Works with the data integration and business intelligence team to implement and support end-to-end data solutions across multiple platforms, environments, domains, and locations
• Integrates newly developed code with existing codebase to maximize object reuse
• Creates, executes, and documents unit test plans for data integration and business intelligence processes and programs
• Documents processes, programs and solutions as per established standards
• Performs tasks required to conform to the company’s configuration management and software release processes
• Works with internal team, vendors, consultants, and external partners to quickly identify and resolve development issues
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
One (1) year of related work, or course work, experience.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• SQL development skills
• Development skills in PHP, Java, .Net, Python, C#
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
• Training in ETL technology (DataStage) or BI tools (Cognos) is a plus
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Personal computer and associated software
• Normal office equipment
• Enterprise servers