This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2017 9:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Music Executive jobs in London-UK
Search all Music Executive postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Increases BMI's market share by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Recruits new songwriters and music publishers who have the potential to become the creators and owners of the world's most popular music.
• Manages the relationship between BMI and its more successful affiliates.
• Evaluates affiliate royalty earnings to assist senior management in determining the appropriateness of advances or guarantees.
• Uses BMI systems accurately regarding song registrations and royalty distributions.
• Solves problems between BMI and its affiliates.
• Negotiates with writers and publishers to continue their affiliation and manages termination requests.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with music industry executives and professionals.
• Develops new relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
• Attends music industry seminars and events as a representative of BMI in order to maintain BMI’s profile and increase contacts.
• Initiatives co-writing between U.S. & European songwriters.
• Visits recording studios on a regular basis to sign up new songwriters and producers to BMI.
• Creates and presents outreach programs to industry and community groups regarding BMI.
• Facilitates the relationships between BMI affiliates and the music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Manages expense accounts for BMI expenses on an accurate and timely basis.
• Reviews recorded material sent to BMI by affiliates and compose correspondence in reply.
• Analyze affiliate royalties income to project future earnings to support bank loans.
• Becomes heavily involved in industry affairs with the goal of establishing and maintaining contacts for BMI affiliates and enhancing BMI’s visibility in the music industry.
• Monitors new trends in music and new business developments, identifies and analyzes the effects on BMI, its repertoire and its affiliates, and instigates new tactics to react early to these changes
• Works with senior executives on special projects, such as the BMI London Awards dinner, showcases, songwriter camps, studies and meetings, as requested.
• Understands BMI's competitive pressures and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience.
• Working knowledge of the song creation and music process from conception to hit status. General knowledge of A and R process.
• Working knowledge of music industry trade, government/copyright and professional organizations.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the music industry; preferably in publishing, rights management or creative content management.
• Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
Skills and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.