Manager, Social Media
BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Develops, executes and evaluates social media strategy for BMI, incorporating marketing, publicity, promotion and brand storytelling, as well as best practices and the latest social trends in the competitive space. This role ensures consistent messaging across platforms and maintains a consumer-facing approach. Improves BMI’s social media presence (followers, engagement, reach, etc) and broadens relevant audiences across channels. Generates and analyzes key metrics reports. Contributes to weekly e-newsletter. Idea generators and creative thinkers highly encouraged.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Responsible for content posted to BMI’s social accounts. Manage, maintain and grow BMI’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, among others.
• Generate metrics reports using social media analytics tools; make recommendations based on results, as well as industry trends and best practices.
• Develop and execute creative campaigns employing latest social media trends.
• Promote all BMI.com content via social platforms.
• Develop and implement social media calendar, including weekly core postings and shareable content.
• Manage and track in-house Social Media Ambassador team.
• Discover and compile interesting and relevant third party content such as blog posts, breaking news, photo coverage and videos.
• Work closely with Media Relations leads on PR outreach.
• Work closely with team members at all levels across the organization.
• Travel to cover live social media at key events.
• Working closely with Executive Director of Content, manage CEO’s Twitter account.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field preferred.
• Minimum 6 years professional social media work experience, including demonstrated success with measured results, at a music, media, or entertainment organization.
• Above average engagement in the ever-evolving social media space with thorough knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, among other channels; integration of tools and third-party applications.
• Creativity (Enthusiastic, out-of-the-box thinker with exceptional written, verbal and organizational skills.)
• Analytical ability (Able to understand both the big picture and the details; develop steps to execute projects and measure outcome.)
• Understanding of basic marketing principles and strategies.
• Strong Relationship Skills (Ability and willingness to work across departments with both internal and external contacts.)
• Diplomacy & Tact (Ability to resolve problems in an effective, diplomatic manner.)
• Project Management Skills
• Strong Organization Skills (Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.)
• Strong Communication skills – including facilitation and influence skills (Demonstrated ability to facilitate communication and understanding among colleagues, executives and external contacts.)
• Responsive and adaptable