Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide leadership and expertise to the organization as it relates to annual business planning (budget development), business/strategic analysis, treasury activities, and investment oversight.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Business Planning (Annual Budget Development and Forecast Updates)
• Assist in the management (project manager) of the annual budget planning process and the mid-year review process including administering the budget/planning software platform (SAP BPC), planning the timeline, coordinating meetings with senior leadership, communication and coordination with senior leadership on plan inputs, explaining key variances/changes, and developing documentation for Board approval (budget only).
• Assist department leaders in timely preparation of their annual budgets (revenues, expenses, capital spending).
• Provide reports useful in helping department leaders develop their budgets.
• Answer questions and provide analysis as requested.
• Maintain an open dialogue with department leaders on budget items in order to meet project deadlines.
• Develop a full understanding of plan inputs submitted.
• Foster a process resulting in department leaders “owning” their budgets.
• Coordinate development of the Special Projects budget and the Board of Directors budget.
• Assist with the compilation of the annual budget/forecast book and related presentations.
• Act as the administrator of the SAP BPC budgeting software to include maintaining account structure, departments, time frames and other dimensions.
• Develop/maintain training materials for SAP BPC software, and conduct training and tutorial sessions for department heads and other users of SAP BPC software as needed.
• Assist in the maintenance of the International Revenue model (~$300 million in revenue) for purposes of budgeting, forecasting, exchange rate analysis, and supporting the month-end close process for Accounting. Includes maintaining close communications with the International area to monitor changes in current or possible future developments.
• Assist Special Projects in tracking and reporting results versus budget.
• Stay abreast of current industry trends relevant to BMI’s business and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service.
• Assist in evaluating capital expenditure requests as requested.
• Complete ad hoc reports and analysis as requested.
• Assists accounting with actual to budget analysis.
• Assists in modeling and calculating performance based commissions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics or Certified Public Accountant/Certified Financial Analyst/MBA.
• Expert understanding of finance theory and principals (discounted cash flow analysis, lease versus buy, weighted average cost of capital, etc.)
• General understanding of financial markets, investment strategies and investment types.
• General understanding of accounting.
• Minimum five (5) years experience finance, accounting or analytical experience required.
• Experience building complex models using Excel (forecasts, acquisitions, capital investments, etc.).
• Business planning (budget or long-range) experience preferred.
• Experience with budget software preferred.
Personality Traits, Skills and Abilities:
• High-energy self-starter with history of successful accomplishments.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Quality focused.
• Process improvement focused.
• Calm under pressure.
• Acts with a sense of urgency commensurate with the situation.
• Excellent financial/business acumen.
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Able to simplify and effectively communicate complex information.