Director Networking and IT Security
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2016 1:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Director Networking and IT Security jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Director Networking and IT Security postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: BMI is currently looking to add a Director of Networking and IT Security to our IT team based in Nashville, TN. This position will lead the team responsible for the international WAN, LAN, telephony and information security environments. The Director will be responsible for improving the availability, integrity, and capabilities of network environment and maturing security capabilities.
The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams including other infrastructure and operations teams, development, customer support, and leadership to engineer, build, test, and maintain secure systems that ensure business goals are met in an efficient and predictable manner.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Manage a highly technical team of network engineers and security analysts
• Attract and retain talent through positive employee relations and leadership
• Responsible for designing, selecting, developing, integrating, implementing network and security technologies and processes.
• Leading Tier 2 and 3 support teams during times of incident management
• Direct and execute security prevention, detection and response activities
• Participate in capacity planning and performance discussions.
• Work with cross-functional teams to map business needs to technical requirements
• Provides user training when required.
• Establish and meet service level agreements for update and issue response.
• Maintain diagrams, policies, procedures, inventories and standards documentation.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; or equivalent.
• 10 years of technical experience which must include large complex networking and security
• 6 years of supervisory or managerial experience with a proven ability to motivate, evaluate and mentor team members
• Experience designing and providing networks capable of 24x7 business support
• Understanding of network and security engineering and how to relate that to business solutions
• Experience operating large-scale, highly available systems through capacity planning, tuning and solid architecture
• Vendor manager experience including contract and price negotiations
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Excellent communications skills: listening, written and verbal presentation; especially able to communicate complex technical subjects.
• Strong Decision Making skills.
• Strong Project Management skills.
• Strong Organization skills.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred: N/A