BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
Recruits and assists prospective writers, publishers, producers and artists to BMI by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Meet with writers and publishers to aid in registering new songs and new writers.
• Utilize social media outlets to brand BMI events and create awareness of BMI events (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter).
• Provide BMI with sponsors that fit the BMI brand to keep costs for events and programming at a minimum.
• Recruit new and promising songwriters, producers and music publishers.
• Manage the relationship between BMI and it's established affiliates.
• Evaluate affiliate royalty earnings to determine advances or guarantees.
• Solve various problems that arise between BMI and its affiliates.
• Negotiate with writers and publishers to continue their affiliation and manage termination requests.
• Establish and maintain relationships with music industry executives and professionals.
• Develop new relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
• Represent BMI on music panels both locally and nationally.
• Facilitate the relationship between BMI affiliates and the music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Work with senior executives on special projects, such as BMI R&B/Hip Hop and Gospel Showcases, the BMI R&B/Hip Hop and Gospel Awards and BMI Trailblazers of Gospel Awards.
• Analyze Billboards Data to determine the BMI R&B/Hip Hop and Gospel Awards top producers each year.
• Conduct site visits to determine locations of various BMI events and negotiate those deals.
• Attend studio sessions to check in and support current affiliates and their upcoming projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in the music industry
• Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
• Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
• Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
• Able to work independently and with good judgment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.