Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary role of the individual will be to analyze and report on data across the distribution supply chain in order to provide greater business insight resulting in identification of issues, trends and opportunities. Compile and analyze data across distribution and administrative services for internal and external sources. Additionally, the individual will provide ad hoc support across the department.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Perform and deliver various forms of analytics to support corporate initiatives.
• Perform and deliver distribution variance and trend analysis around BMI’s distribution/performance data and its impact to the customer.
• Support Management in driving continuous improvement efforts across the distribution supply chain.
• Provide Sr. Management with key performance metrics.
• Review quarterly distribution reports as part of quality assurance for Sr. Management and Writer Publisher Relations.
• Assist in the preparation and delivery of the quarterly Publisher Reports.
• Assist in the preparation and management of Administration Services data.
• Assist team in managing distribution issues to resolution across the distribution supply chain.
• Participate in continuous process improvement to ensure departmental efficiencies are identified, implemented and maintained.
• Have an end-to-end understanding of BMI’s distribution policies/methodologies/and processes and serve as a knowledge leader within the company.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, and walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches B corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required with emphasis in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access.
• Must possess critical thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and manage multiple priorities.
• Experience with TOAD for Data Analysts or similar querying software.
• Prior experience with SQL preferred. Understanding database concepts and information models critical.
• Music publishing and/or royalty experience preferred.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None.