Collection Services Representative
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Collect music licensing fees according to the payment terms in each agreement. The position also requires the employee to build customer relations in order to facilitate fee-dispute resolution. This requires interaction with Licensing, Accounting and Licensing representatives to resolve outstanding issues. Also, collection representatives maintain collection records for follow up and review. Collection is performed via the use of dialer, preview/predictive, for customer contact and sending dunning letters, some of which must be customized.
• Make and record outbound collection telephone calls utilizing state of the art call center technology and equipment.
• Resolves disputes related to past due fees, accepts credit card/e-check payments and makes suitable payment or settlement arrangements, in line with company and department’s best practices guidelines. And when necessary, forwards disputes to supporting Licensing, Accounting, and other departments, to ensure timely resolution of customer service issues/leads processing.
• Notes appropriate result/reason to ensure accurate close ratio on promised payments as well as other call outcomes.
• Collaborates with team leaders and managers to prepare schedules and ensure high productivity standards under the BOLD initiative.
• Uses best practices and creativity to achieve established targets and meet quarterly performance and productivity goals while promoting exemplary customer service.
• Composes correspondence/e-mails based on procedures and knowledge of Collections practices. Also sends a variety of manually selected form letters and auto-generated dunning letters.
• Requests adjustments, handles queries and resolves issues within contract/company guidelines and policy.
• Notify Licensing of sales opportunities and other changes in music use when alerted to such changes through customer contact.
• Submit write-off and refund requests for approval via established workflow.
• Prepare files for outside agency collection and arbitration as needed using search engines and other skip-tracing techniques to locate customers/determine corporate viability.
• Assist Director and upper management with projects and other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years collection or call center experience and/or training.
Skills and Abilities:
• 1-3 years Experience in Collections
• Knowledge of standard collections practices
• Experience working in Call Center
• Understanding of Call Center technology
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and Access
• Ability to work independently and in a group
• Working knowledge of computerized CRM (Salesforce) and A/R systems (Oracle)
• Good listening skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail
• Must be able to communicate effectively, written and verbally
• A strong focus on exemplary shift attendance in required