Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Defines requirements for applications that support BMI’s internal operations efforts and externally facing services. This role will work closely with Sr. Business Analysts, business owners, executives, and the IT team to define requirements and will see them through to completion using the company’s standard processes. Adds value by uniting the team around project objectives, process improvements, technical innovations, understanding essential details, and bringing the team together to reach outcomes.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Exhibit good understanding of the business domain and of business goals
• Apply strong facilitation, communication, analytic and conflict management skills
• Lead user interviews and capture comprehensive, actionable notes from interactions
• Conduct advanced process and data flow analysis; recommend future state business process improvements
• Clarify any ambiguity in business requirements and process flows to ensure sufficient understanding by the technical team
• Identify business engagement meeting points (e.g. interviews/workshops)
• Create draft presentations
• Participate in project estimating activities
• Provide clarity regarding business objectives and functional requirements during release and sprint iteration planning
• Track and report weekly status updates
• Assist QA with creating acceptance tests based on acceptance criteria
• Assist QA in conducting testing as needed
• Triage bugs and or defects discovered by QA during testing
• Participate in sprint demos and retrospectives
• Assist in user training sessions
• Participate in product launch, training and project closeout activities
Responsibilities may include assistance in the development of the following minimum deliverables by phase:
Request Development / Discovery
• Vision and scope statement
• Findings and recommendations regarding current and future state assessment; including justifications for project (i.e. expected business value to be delivered)
• Current state process flow and functional map
• Future state process flow and functional map
• Initial epics and user stories
• Conceptual data diagrams
• Stakeholder engagement plan
• Level 2 – 4 Value Stream Maps (VSMs) and BlueWorks Live process maps
• Updated (greater level of detail) epics and user stories
• Determine MVP user stories
• Personas and use cases
• User experience requirements / UI/UX wireframes
• QA stories
• User guides and other training documentation
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or Math, or equivalent industry experience.
• Three (3) years’ experience as a Business Analyst (Business and Technology projects)
• Three (3) years’ of application development experience (SDLC)
• Two (2) years’ experience in of Business Process Management (BPM), Six Sigma and/or Lean methodologies
• Two (2) years’ of Agile software development methodology experience
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong facilitation skills, including facilitation of large cross-functional meetings including but not limited to JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions
• Excellent relationship skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills (creating and delivering)
• Business Process re-engineering and transformation experience (facilitation and design mapping)
• Agile experience (Epics, User Stories, Acceptance criteria development and backlog management/grooming)
• IBM Rational tool experience Microsoft Office Visio, Lucid Charts and BlueWorks Live skills
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Strong ability to understand business needs, technology capabilities, and to collaborate in a team environment
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance functions of this job.
• Sitting, talking, hearing, walking.
• Concentrated mental and visual attention with normal hand-eye coordination.
• Clarity of vision at 20 inches B corrected or uncorrected.
• Generally negligible physical effort, but occasional moving of 1 to 10 lb. items.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the functions of this job.
Normal office conditions.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Personal computer and associated software. Normal office equipment.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None.
Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI), a global leader in music rights management since 1939, seeks team members who value the creation of music and will deliver excellent service both internally and externally to our more than 700,000 affiliated songwriters, composers and publishers and the businesses that play their music. BMI has the privilege of representing the most award-winning repertoire of music created by the industry’s biggest names in all genres of music. By distributing the licensing fees from businesses that use music as royalties to our affiliated songwriters, composers and music publishers in compliance with copyright law, BMI helps ensure that they can continue to pursue their creative livelihoods.