This was removed by the employer on 11/9/2016 7:12:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Attorney jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Attorney postings
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for reviewing files of arbitration candidates, commencing arbitration on behalf of BMI for the collection of BMI accounts in arrears, and working with local counsel to enforce judgments as needed.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Review arbitration files
• Sign “Demand for Arbitration” letters
• Respond to inquiries made by licensees
• Prosecute delinquent accounts via arbitration
• Obtain arbitration awards
• Confirm arbitration awards and obtain judgments
• Work with and supervise local counsel to domesticate and enforce judgments throughout the country
• Negotiate settlement agreements with delinquent licensees with approval of the Legal Department and Collection Service management
• Interact with other BMI attorneys and BMI management
• Assist other attorneys in the Legal Department on specific projects when necessary
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: 4-year college degree and Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school required. Admitted to the New York State Bar or Tennessee State Bar. In addition, fulfilling continuing legal education requirements is also required.
Experience: Minimum three (3) years legal experience, at least a portion of which should be in a private practice law firm. Should have a background in commercial litigation managing a high volume caseload, including researching and drafting of briefs and memoranda and motion practice. Prior knowledge of copyright law and/or music industry or broadcasting experience a plus. Prior collections experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze business problems from a legal and practical perspective
• Ability to negotiate authoritatively and persuasively
• Ability to work cooperatively with other company executives
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Some travel required
License(s)/Certifications Required: Admission to the New York State Bar or Tennessee State Bar. Admission to practice in the federal courts is desired. Notary Public license is desired.