Associate Director, Latin Writer Publisher Relations
BMINew York, NY
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Recruits and assists prospective Latin writers, publishers, producers and artists to BMI by performing the following duties either personally or through the direction of others.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
• Manages the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices and royalty payments.
• Explains in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with music industry executives and professionals.
• Develops relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
• Presents programs to industry and community groups regarding BMI.
• Facilitates the relationships between BMI affiliates and the music industry by networking with industry professionals.
• Attends music industry events as a representative of BMI.
• Educates the music community on the role and function of BMI.
• Acts as a liaison between writer-publisher relations employees and senior management, and interacts with creative executives from other BMI offices in order to recruit and retain affiliates most desirable to BMI
• Listens to new musical works in person and as sent to BMI by affiliates, with the hope of providing information to assist the writers in marketing them within the industry.
• Analyze affiliates royalty income in order to project future earnings to support bank loans.
• Works with senior executives on special projects, such as showcases, studies, and meetings, as requested.
• Expected to travel approximately 25%
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in the music industry
• Must be fluent in Spanish; spoken and written word
• Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in the music industry
• Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success
• Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status
• Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management
• Able to work independently and with good judgment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines
• Strong typing and proofreading skills