Administration Services Analyst
Full Time Job
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing various administrative tasks, resolving counterclaims, administering departmental mailboxes and fulfilling various ad hoc requests in order to achieve departmental goals and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Analyze, interpret and process documentation and forms.
• Receive, research and respond to various inquiries via email, postal mail and telephone.
• Effectively communicate BMI’s policies and procedures to internal and external customers as it relates to administration, account maintenance and copyright counterclaims/discrepancies.
• Review and manage writer and publisher affiliate catalogs to ensure the accurate distribution of royalties.
• Resolve copyright counterclaims and discrepancies.
• Research and prepare royalty adjustment requests as necessary.
• Work closely with the team to achieve department mission and vision.
• Work on special projects as needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience in the music industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess a working knowledge of the music industry and music publishing. Experience working with and maintaining database systems, reports, word processors and spreadsheets.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally, both written and verbally, with a diverse population of internal and external customers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Independent thinker who is self-motivated and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Effectively use research skills to solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.