BMGLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Position: Production Manager
Department: Recorded Music Masters
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Supervisor: VP, Recorded Music Integration & Supply Chain
Position Overview: Key position working within a busy Production Team at a successful Record Label managing the product set up and delivery of all digital and physical releases of the Label. Daily interaction with Artist Management, Marketing, Supply Chain and Creative on the release plans for all projects on the Frontline and Catalogue Schedule.
Candidate Profile: Well organized, attention to detail, good communication skills, operations and project management background. Knowledge of packaging design and experience working with manufacturing and print vendors.
• 3 - 5 years of previous Production experience in the music industry, preferably at a record label
• Knowledge of print and packaging design
• Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Undergraduate degree in business
• Knowledge of record label supply chain process
Key Interfaces: Marketing, Creative, Designers, Finance, Metadata Admin, Asset Management, US & UK Supply Chain Group, Sync
• Management of milestone due dates with the delivery of all production elements
• Jointly conduct weekly production meetings with other members of the production team to assess progress vs. established due dates & communicate to responsible parties pending activities/issues requiring a resolution
• Manage the scheduling of all digital, video and physical new releases in BMG systems, on the Global Release Schedule and with distributors
• Manage the creation of One-sheet's for physical retail solicitation
• Responsible for the delivery of all audio masters for both physical & digital formats from Management and artwork files when delivered by outhouse designers
• Responsible for communicating costs for all Physical packages to the CFO and obtaining sign off up front of package going into manufacturing
• Liaise with ex. North America territories to execute any applicable import/export needs on the physical side for international releases
• Coordination with label personnel and support organizations on all relevant production issues; A&R Admin, Business Affairs, Sales & Marketing, Creative, Finance, Global Supply Chain
• Responsible for the delivery of all assets to the Asset Management team for ingestion into BMG Store & Songs.BMG
• Manage the shipping and fulfilment of all product needs for bands on tour, selling product on a D2C store
• Review and approval of production related invoices
• Liaise with Designers, Creative and Management with regards to Print Spec and Packaging requirements, responsible for sourcing templates from printers
• Traffic all physical production assets directly to the manufacturers along with the BOM and liaise with production reps to ensure product is delivered for release date and to spec
• Responsible for circulating final artwork PDF's to all internal and external teams for approval
External Relationships: Artist Management, Distribution, Manufacturing, Print Vendors
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online