Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Internship - Los Angeles Office jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Internship - Los Angeles Office postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Black Entertainment Television –Internship Program
Here at BET Networks, we are looking to enhance and develop creative and hardworking students to better prepare them for their desired career. We are committed to identifying and developing our interns, promoting a high level of motivation and morale, assisting interns in developing their career goals, and maximizing their potential perhaps as a future employee.
The ideal candidate will be a multi-tasker who is reliable, pitches in as needed, and who is knowledgeable in Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook programs. You will be an integral part of your respective departments - contributing ideas, actively participating in meetings as well as doing general administrative and production related tasks.
Internships are available in the following departments:
• Ad Sales - sells air time for the network and digital services, and work with advertisers and clients to promote their product/movies on our networks.
• Business Affairs & Legal - responsible for managing the legal affairs and counsel for all aspects of the company’s operations on all media platforms throughout the world. Areas covered by the Department include, without limitation, Corporate Compliance, Entertainment, Labor, Litigation, Intellectual Property and Affiliate matters. Oversees the drafting and negotiation of contracts for original programming, and advises other departments regarding legal and business issues affecting original programming produced and distributed by the network.
• Business Operations – responsible for the consolidation, analysis and reporting of the financial plans. Provides input, process and analytical support for the Forecasting and Planning function within Network Operations. Reviews and evaluates actuals, forecasts, budgets and strategic plans with the Accounting Department.
• Corporate Communications (PR) - serves as the primary liaison between BET Networks and all members of the media, to promote original and music programming, mega-specials, and more.
• BET Mobile – responsible for the creation of new mobile application features and the integration of mobile into TV programming.
• Original Programming (Current & In Development) – creates and oversees original television series for the Urban demographic, including: (please specify which area you’d be interested in)
o Original Programming – Reality
o Original Programming – Scripted
o Original Programming – General/All
• Production – works with production in the field.
• Post Production - handles Audio and/or video editing of programs for broadcast TV. Includes logging of raw footage tapes to delivery of air masters to BET Master Control.
• Talent/ Casting – Scouts for the talent and cast required for BET Original Programs and Specials. Duties include administrative tasks such as faxing, scanning, emailing, research, printing, filing, phone calls, receiving talent, producers and writers. Additional requirements are: reading trade magazines, tagging mags and summarizing trades, videotaping, setting up casting sessions, creating casting/ show notebooks and up keeping these. Knowledge of Talent, Actors and Directors is an advantage.
Internship Location: Los Angeles, CA;
Internship Term: Fall ‘10, tentatively September - December
• You MUST receive academic credit
• You MUST be a college undergraduate, graduate student or be in a Technical School Program. This opportunity is not open to High School Students.
• You MUST agree to at least an eight (8) to eleven (11) week internship
Please Note: BET does NOT provide housing or travel costs for its interns
Interested applicants should submit their cover letters and r?sum?s by Friday August 13, 2010 for consideration. You must list your 1st and 2nd department choices IN THE SUBJECT LINE of the email.
~ Thank You ~