Social Media & Digital Coordinator
BETNew York, NY
BETN is looking for a Social Media & Digital Coordinator reporting to the Director of Brand Solutions to support the department’s digital and social media business. We are looking for someone that has experience working with multiple brands in the social media marketing space. Must be well-organized, a strong communicator, client-facing, rock-star that bleeds social media marketing. We are growing and need someone that can hit the ground running! Candidate will oversee digital and social media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting. This position will work closely with the Social Media, Digital Content, and Digital Ad Operations team to ideate and execute sponsored initiatives across BETN’s digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have proven success in interfacing with multiple advertising clients, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, experience in managing branded digital and social content, command of analytics and research to make smart and efficient decisions and MUST have exceptional communication skills.
• Create social media strategies to support sponsored initiatives, including drafting impactful, timely, engaging and consumer-facing copy and messages, developing a strategic distribution/deployment strategy and ensuring that all social elements are executed flawlessly.
• Partner with various internal teams to forward the use of sponsored social media throughout the organization, and become a strategic voice for social deployment.
• Monitor, analyze and optimize all Social Media campaigns, keeping a holistic view on ROI and a customer based approach
• Work closely with digital creative teams to fulfill sponsor creative requests, and manage client creative approval process
• Social media program management including demonstrated experience managing owned, paid and earned social media tactics.
• Manage social media/content calendar
• Review and analyze site analytics reports to ensure that content is being distributed in the most effective matter to reach respective sponsors’ target demographics
• Oversee client digital plans and insertion orders to successfully submit and manage targeting and trafficking process with Digital Ad Operations
• Regularly monitor and analyze metrics for all campaigns to ensure success
• Develop detailed and insightful recap decks upon completion of each campaign
• Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience in the digital & social content space
• Established social media background across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms
• Strong writing skills are critical
• Excellent and persuasive presentation skills, both written (PowerPoint, Excel, Word fluency a must) and verbal
• Experienced user of popular social publishing, reporting, and listening tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strategic thinker with excellent writing skills, creative problem solving and understanding of Brand voice and tone
• Exceptional communication and relationship management skills: ability to reach across the aisle/cross discipline with ease to get the best results
• Proven experience managing high impact multi-channel digital/social campaigns from inception through maintenance/execution, and completion including recap of the campaign
• Experience working at a media/entertainment company
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Ability to partner with Research to orchestrate the best use of analytics in this ever-evolving digital & social media landscape
• Must be agile and flexible, and a constant student to stay ahead of trends, platform changes and new platforms as they happen
• Prior experience working with digital and social media marketing tools such as SocialGuide, bit.ly, Adobe Social, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Operative, BaseCamp and other social and digital applications
• Ability to design social images for distribution
• Flexibility with moderate travel and nights/weekend hours required
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA) (NYSE: VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the U.K. and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
BET NETWORKS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – EOE