Senior Vice President, Global Chief Privacy Counsel
BETNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The SVP, Global Chief Privacy Counsel, will lead the company’s privacy and cyber efforts, including the following:
• Enhancing and/or developing a global privacy program, including policies, guidelines, accountability and training, to guide business and legal teams;
• Partnering with the Chief Information Security Officer to oversee, manage and update Viacom’s cybersecurity governance program and incident response;
• Enhancing and/or developing privacy and information security training;
• Partnering with deal and other teams to review, draft and/or negotiate privacy, cybersecurity and data-related contractual provisions and conduct vendor reviews;
• Partnering with product, data and technology teams or their lawyers to guide and review digital or data products and initiatives, including data collection, use, sharing, storage and retention practices and notices and consents;
• Enhancing or developing policies and guidelines to effectively guide business and legal teams;
• Partnering with labor and employment lawyers to guide initiatives impacting privacy in the employment space around the world;
• Partnering with information governance and other teams in connection with information retention and deletion policies and practices; and
• Supervising outside counsel to monitor, assess and implement the requirements of data protection/privacy and cybersecurity laws, rules, regulations, self-regulatory regimes and best practices around the world
• J.D. and current bar membership required; NY preferred.
• Minimum of 12 years of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience, with significant time focused in privacy.
• Extensive experience with U.S. privacy and cybersecurity laws, rules, regulations, self-regulatory regimes and best practices.
• Experience with E.U. to U.S. and other cross-border transfer mechanisms (e.g., EU-US Privacy Shield, Standard Contractual Clauses, etc.).
• Familiarity with ex-U.S. data protection laws, particularly in the E.U. including the General Data Protection Regulation.
• Experience with cybersecurity governance and incident response.
• Experience in enhancing, developing and/or maintaining a privacy program.
• Cooperative, team-oriented approach and proven ability to communicate effectively with senior management and business teams.
• CIPP/US, with CIPP/E, CIPP/A and/or CIPP/C is strongly preferred
• Experience with privacy in the digital space, including online behavioral advertising, CAN-SPAM, and TCPA.
• Experience providing privacy-related advice to business and legal product teams in the digital space.
• Digital media experience, including knowledge of technologies underlying data privacy, technology, social media and/or data and ad tech platforms.
• Commercial deal transactional experience in the digital space strongly preferred.
• Experience partnering with labor and employment legal and HR teams on privacy issues relating to HR data.
• Experience managing lawyers and non-lawyer privacy personnel, including across jurisdictions.
• Ability to build strong and collaborative cross-functional relationships with business and legal stakeholders across multiple functions and jurisdictions and drive organizational change.