AwesomenessTVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Awesomeness TV is seeking a Payroll Coordinator for Payroll/Accounting department in west Los Angeles. This role will play a crucial part on our Payroll, Accounting & HR team. Reporting to the Director of Payroll, the payroll coordinator is to provide support to production payroll department.
The Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and to be the point of contact for the client in aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all US related payrolls, mostly non-union and extensive knowledge of all (Hollywood) I.A.T.S.E. locals, guilds and contracts, both TV and Theatrical, is necessary for some union payroll.
The Payroll Coordinator handles various clerical tasks and will be key to production payroll functions in a manner suitable and in line with ATV policies, procedures, and standards.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, in accordance with company policy and procedure
• Ensure that timesheets are received by the appointed deadline and that they are complete and signed by both the employee and the supervisor. Ascertain that the Payroll Exception Form is attached in support of all changes made to the timesheet and that any questionable entries are investigated and resolved.
• Contact Time approvers by phone and email regarding their payroll issues.
• Process in-coming weekly payroll while re-verifying approved payroll for accuracy.
• Accountable and responsible for quality service in assisting and servicing departments in regards to payroll production, tax-related issues, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with company policy and procedure
• Review and verify source documents.
• Assist in accounts receivable and accounts payable postings as needed
• Assist the department with filing and other general office duties
• Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports: timecard verification, fringe, payroll history, cast list, gross wages.
• Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, in accordance with company policy and procedure.
• Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the clients payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
• Excellent time management skills
• Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the entertainment payroll industry.
Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
• Relates well to all levels and kinds of people inside and outside the organization
• Builds constructive and effective relationships
• Capable of diffusing tense situations comfortably
• Works with team to solve problems and resolve issues
• Treats people with respect
• Word, Outlook, Excel (Pivot Tables),
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online