Attic StudiosLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
The Equipment Manager is a full time position responsible for managing day-to-day operations involving equipment rental, studio needs, location shoots and supervising studio assistants at a busy photo rental studio. This person will work directly under the Studio Director and alongside the Studio Manager and Bookings Director to ensure standard business procedures and practices are being upheld. It involves working closely with clients and potential clients in person and via other means, including phone and email.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Creating and sending estimates for new and existing jobs
- Ensuring all equipment requests are fulfilled via in-house equipment or vendors
- Oversees the testing, packing, organizing and prepping of equipment for studio and on location shoots
- Supervise the Floor Coordinators and assist in managing the Studio Assistants
- Tracking inventory of all equipment with barcode system
- Coordinating equipment repairs and log in
- Understand, learn and respond to the equipment needs of individual clients
- Maintain constant communications with other departments about jobs that are taking place on a daily basis
- Receive and follow directions on any special projects given
- Managing inventory and replenishing expendable items when necessary
- Tracking cyc paint stock and other supplies
- Hiring and scheduling
- Managing projects
- Minimum 3 years management experience at a rental studio or equipment rental house
- Basic computer skills: Gmail, Word, Excel, Dropbox
- Experience with Rentalworks and/or Inventory Management/Rental Software
- Proficiency of photography, video and lighting equipment
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Four-year Bachelors degree required
- Excellent service skills, good attitude
- Dedication and Commitment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee maybe required to work seated at a desk for several hours at a time and/or stand or walk for extended periods of time on hard surfaces. Must be able to lift objects up to 75lbs. and climb a 10' ladder while procuring items from such height. Specific vision requirements require employee to view computer screens for extended periods of time and manipulate a mouse and keyboard.
Salary is commensurate to experience. ATTIC STUDIOS offers a 401k plan and will soon offer other benefits to employees. ATTIC STUDIOS LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Fax: 718-360-2943 Apply Online