Spring Intern - Customer Service
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2016 9:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Customer Service jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Spring Intern - Customer Service postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
INTERN, CUSTOMER SERVICE (SPRING 2017)
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our Spring 2017 Internship Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Educational components include interactive workshops, executive speaker series and job shadow opportunities.
• Learn and apply the Guest Services Department policies and procedures
• Maintain knowledge of upcoming events and the guest services’ operational requirements for each event
• Participate in management meetings on staff training and operations
• Support Manager-on-Duty during events, assisting with deployment of staff, distribution of equipment and monitoring ingress
• Review event recaps, customer feedback forms, and first aid reports; send final event recap report
• Assist with basic administrative tasks i.e. research, help tickets, copies, filing, etc.
• The spring semester Internship Program will run from January through April 2017 (15 weeks)
• Open to any qualified applicant who can meet the time commitment and is at least a junior in college, graduate student or recent college graduate
• The GPA minimum requirement is 3.0
• Interns are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day responsibilities (depending on department assignments)
• The ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
• Interns are paid $9 per hour; course credit is available, if needed
• Interns are responsible for travel and housing arrangements
• Enrolled in or recent graduate of a program related to this position
• 1 year of work and/or volunteer experience
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Will request writing sample
• Demonstrates discretion, integrity, professionalism, and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain composure in contentious, high-stress situations
• Strong technical aptitude; ability to learn and operate various door staff equipment and software applications
• Able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; able to lift up to 20lbs
Applications will be considered on a first come, first serve basis. We do ask that you please do not call or email to check on the status of your application. A member of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will contact you if you are selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in the Atlanta Hawks.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to work late nights, weekends and holidays?
2. Do you have reliable transportation?