Intern - Building & Event Operations
Atlanta HawksAtlanta, GA
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2016 9:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Building & Event Operations jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Intern - Building & Event Operations postings
Full Time Unpaid Internship
INTERN, BUILDING & EVENT OPERATIONS (SPRING 2017)
Here’s your chance to experience a bold and dynamic organization first hand. The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will be looking for passionate team players to participate in our Spring 2017 Internship Program. The program is designed to give top candidates real-life experience in the sports and entertainment industry, in addition to providing educational and networking opportunities. Educational components include interactive workshops, executive speaker series and job shadow opportunities.
• Assist Event Operations in organization, planning and onsite execution for events at Philips Arena meetings, concerts, HAWKS basketball games and more
• Assist with set-up, breakdown and event conversion operations including floor chair setup & breakdown, bowl seating condition, HAWKS basketball scoring table equipment and concourse setup needs
• Day to day involvement & assistance on concert event, game and dark days department wide with Maintenance, Electrical, HVAC, Conversion and Event Operations ranging from broken seats, power connection, event outlines, space setups and more
• Work on assigned special projects that aids Building & Event Operations Department and Atlanta HAWKS Basketball Club overall
• Attend various weekly department and company meetings
• Provide exceptional customer & team service, highlighting the team SMILE
• Maintain open communication with supervisor on concerns, interests and overall goals during internship work experience
• The spring semester Internship Program will run from January through April 2017 (15 weeks)
• Open to any qualified applicant who can meet the time commitment and is at least a junior in college, graduate student or recent college graduate
• The GPA minimum requirement is 3.0
• Interns are expected to work at least 37.5 hours per week and may have additional game day responsibilities (depending on department assignments)
• The ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
• Interns are paid $9 per hour; course credit is available, if needed
• Interns are responsible for travel and housing arrangements
• Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
• Positive verbal & written communication
• Team player with leadership skills
• Knowledge / Interest in sports and immense event facility management
• Flexible schedule with ability to work in a fast-pace environment and adapt to changes while working in a multi-client environment
Applications will be considered on a first come, first serve basis. We do ask that you please do not call or email to check on the status of your application. A member of the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club will contact you if you are selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in the Atlanta Hawks.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have current event / building management experience?
2. Do you have experience in fast paced work environments?
3. Are you able to fully embrace a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays?
4. What is your overall goal as the Building & Event Operations intern?