Intern - Publications
Arizona DiamondbacksPhoenix, AZ
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 9:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Publications jobs in Phoenix-AZ
Search all Intern - Publications postings
Part Time Paid Internship
• During the 2017 season, must be either a junior, senior or within one year after graduation or postgraduate level student obtaining a degree from an accredited college or university. (If you do not meet the internship requirements, please do not apply.)
• Must be able to start onsite in February/March.
• College credit preferred but not mandatory.
• 10-20 hours per week, with occasional afternoon availability.
• February – October 2017
• Minimum wage
• Contribute editorial content to each issue of D-backs Insider, the team's official game program.
• Cover team events as needed for stories.
• Interview various subjects for story quotes.
• Assist in distribution/mailing of game programs.
• Strong sports writing, interview and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Associated Press Style and baseball in general.
• Minimum one-year experience in writing for a publication or working in a newsroom environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner in the clubhouse/press box.
• Ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner, often under tight deadlines.
• Ability to work individually, or as part of a group, all while maintaining what’s best for the team.
• Knowledge of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
The Arizona Diamondbacks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to attend a face-to-face interview at Chase Field on November 7th, 2016 between 1:00 – 6:00 pm?
2. Are you currently enrolled as a junior, senior or postgraduate at an accredited college or university?
3. Are you able to work from January – December?