This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2010 2:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Executive Director jobs in San Angelo-TX
Search all Executive Director postings
Full Time Job
Executive Director (TX)
Company/Organization: Angelo Civic Theatre
Job Description: ANGELO CIVIC THEATRE
Angelo Civic Theatre is a nonprofit civic theatre located in San Angelo, Texas. Its mission is to culturally enrich, educate, and entertain through the art of theatre and theatrical performance and to encourage community participation in all aspects thereof. To this end, the Theatre will endeavor to celebrate and examine the human condition through the shared experience of theatrical performance; present exciting, challenging, and evocative plays selected from classical and contemporary periods; explore the world of literature and develop new works; build an audience that reflects the diversity of the San Angelo community; establish and maintain educational and outreach programming that cultivates future artists and encourages an appreciation for the art of theatre; explore the finest local, national, and international theatrical trends; promote the development of high artistic and administrative standards and leadership capabilities. Angelo Civic Theatre is committed to the growth of each volunteer, artist, staff member, board member, and patron. In keeping with that ideal, the Theatre will provide opportunities that encourage a commitment to artistic excellence, respect for self and others, and service to the community.
The Theatre is currently seeking an Executive Director with experience in theatre management. The Theatre is presently engaged in rehabilitation of their current facility, as well as involved in the development of a collaborative facilities master plan with the city of San Angelo and other arts organizations. The candidate selected for this position will have the opportunity to play a leadership role in shaping the theatre’s organizational future, as well as to assist in leading a committed organization to its highest potential level.
Creative, energetic, innovative, resourceful, hard working, focused, resilient, and positive describes the candidate for this position. The candidate believes in service, leading by example, and seeking the personal and professional growth of self and others. Possessing a strong entrepreneurial spirit, the candidate easily adapts to changing assignments, is team oriented, possesses superb verbal and written communication skills, and has the ability to shape the big picture while effectively implementing and following through on the many details that define exceptional organizational programming.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
• Working with Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to develop organizational vision and growth management.
• Have an engaged relationship with the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee by serving as an ex-officio member and continue to support the Board’s efforts to oversee the institution and raise the funds to sustain it.
• Assume the primary administrative responsibilities for achieving the management goals of the Theatre.
• Oversee fundraising efforts and goals.
• Building, leading, and empowering professionals and volunteers to meet annual producing needs through a responsive and effective organizational program, effectively planning production priorities, timelines, and deadlines.
• Screening and recommending to the Board of Directors prospective staff members for employment.
• Devote time to cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
• Developing a seasonal slate which reflects the best dramatic literature as well as shows which have a broad appeal.
• Respecting and promoting the process, as well as the final product.
• Interfacing effectively with the artistic and civic community.
• Participating in an annual review coordinated by the Board President and Personnel Committee.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: negotiable; commensurate with experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre (an advanced degree in theatre or equivalent experience preferred)
• Minimum three years management experience (beyond university experience)
• Demonstrated experience working in a leadership position
• Previous experience with civic organizations
• Experience working with many different personalities (volunteers, artists, students, interns, contractors, mechanics, etc.)
• Familiarity with the non-profit sector
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Desire for personal and professional growth
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit a hard copy packet that includes:
• Current resume that includes:
1) a personal mission statement and career objective,
2) educational/professional background and employment history,
3) a sampling of (production photographs; programming/organizational development materials; published personal interviews/articles; educational program descriptions) that provides an overview of initiatives that you have developed, directed, and led.
• Three professional references in addition to three letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Contact Information: Board President
Angelo Civic Theatre
1936 Sherwood Way
San Angelo, TX 76901
Equal Opportunity Employer
Angelo Civic Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and as such, considers individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We are a company that values diversity as we employ professionals from many backgrounds. Accordingly, the Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.