Social Media Specialist -AFI FEST
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The AFI FEST Social Media Specialist is a full time, short term role supporting the AFI Film Festival and is responsible for assisting with the management of AFI FEST's digital plan and online presence, which includes the festival's social media accounts and website.
• Collaborate with the AFI Communications Strategist to develop and implement an approved social media strategy and detailed plan before and during the festival, which includes a schedule of digital content to be released through AFI FEST social media avenues related to programming, marketing and sponsorship agreements.
• Collaborate with the Communications Strategist, Editorial Associate, AFI FEST Editor and the Marketing Manager to establish a consistent voice representative of AFI FEST messaging.
• Develop engaging, shareable and relevant content which promotes the festival, films and festivalgoers.
• Oversee the recruitment and supervision of the social media volunteer team. Create and maintain the work schedule for the social media volunteers and professional volunteer recruits.
• Work directly with the AFI Marketing and AFI FEST teams to develop and implement ideas for social media content, which will not only inform, but also increase AFI FEST online presence.
• Manage all AFI FEST accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and track impressions and account growth.
• Work closely with the AFI FEST box office representatives to resolve customer service related issues that appear on AFI FEST social media accounts.
• Manage daily, live red carpet coverage on AFI social media accounts.
• Provide a comprehensive wrap report by November 20, 2017, as outlined in the AFI FEST policy book and deliver the report to the Festival Producer during the exit interview. All job specific reports and files must be well organized and submitted to the Festival Producer during the exit interview.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum five years experience working in marketing and/or social media in a fast-moving environment. Festival experience preferred.
• Exceptional knowledge of various social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Hootsuite.
• Proficient in HTML, WordPress, Google Analytics, Photoshop, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
• Knowledge of the international film community.
• Experience in film and/or special event production.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Strong computer skills with expertise in Word, Excel and FileMaker Pro for a Mac environment.
• Ability to learn and retain multi-phased tasks and technologies.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Personal integrity with the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online