Industry Liaison, AFI FEST
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Industry Liaison is responsible for overseeing the relationships and interactions between members of the film industry and AFI FEST and will act as the liaison between the festival and the American Film Market's (AFM) administration, exhibitors and attendees. In addition, the Industry Liaison is the host of all industry related events.
• Establish and develop relationships with potential industry attendees and manage the industry attendee accreditation and registration process. This includes the promotion of the Industry Express pass.
• Act as the initial point person for ticket and pass requests for distributors and sales agents with films in the festival. Collaborate with the Box Office team to process requests.
•Collaborate with the Festival Director to maintain relationships with select A-List companies attending AFM by maximizing their participation at AFI FEST.
• Liaise to the AFM administration to ensure benefits outlined in the AFI-AFM agreement are executed.
• Oversee AFM relations in regard to AFI FEST filmmaker benefits, AFM exhibitors and other contractual obligations.
• Collect and document film rights availability information through the AFI FEST Film Info form submitted by filmmakers, the FileMaker Pro Films database and directly from filmmakers as needed.
• Maintain and distribute the AFI FEST Rights Availability document, which lists each film in the festival and identifies the territories that are still available for sale to distributors.
• Maintain a list of films without a sales agent.
• Update the industry contacts in the festival's FileMaker Pro Films database.
• Collaborate with the Festival Director, Director, Programming and the Guest Services team to plan and host a minimum of two (2) industry receptions and/or lunches during the festival.
• Collaborate with the Festival Director and the Director, Programming to implement a plan to invite key industry attendees to AFI FEST receptions and events, including gala premieres.
• Create and distribute correspondences to industry attendees and VIP guests.
• In collaboration with the Director, Programming, create an industry specific questionnaire for distribution after the festival.
• Provide a final report on all industry activities; this includes film sales, acquisitions and contact information for attending industry guests.
• Provide a comprehensive wrap report (e.g., procedural outline, comments on the operation of the festival, suggestions and recommendations for improvement, etc.) as outlined in the AFI FEST policy book and deliver a digital file and a hard copy of the report to the Festival Producer, AFI FEST during the exit interview. All job specific reports and files must be well organized and submitted during the exit interview.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree required.
• Minimum three years industry related experience.
• Previous experience in a film festival, film market or related industry role (acquisitions, production or finance company, sales agent, exhibitor).
• Knowledge of international film community and major players.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Can work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Strong online research and computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel and FileMaker Pro, and/or other database and content management systems.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Experience in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to juggle rapidly shifting priorities.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online