Head Of Strategy, Motion Pictures
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2017 12:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew - Reality TV Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Head Of Strategy, Motion Pictures jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Head Of Strategy, Motion Pictures postings
Full Time Job
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community.
Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
The Amazon Original Movies Marketing & Distribution Senior Manager will develop and plan marketing campaigns with our partner theatrical distributors and internal resources to engage audiences to connect with our films and the brand. Responsibilities include:
• Work closely with Amazon's theatrical distribution partners to develop a unique marketing plan for each film, being able to adjust to each partner's system but maintaining control over the film and brand.
• Work with the Worldwide Head of Motion Pictures and the Head of Marketing & Distribution on internal documents for marketing and release approvals and communications to senior management.
• Work with management to create and write a marketing strategy brief for each project and effectively communicate the plans to partners, agencies, and stakeholders.
• Work with finance department on budgets, POs and overall approval of marketing budget process.
• Foster and build excellent working relationships with filmmakers, managing these with the teams at partner companies.
• Manage budgets and timelines for all marketing programs, coordinating with external distributors and internal company stakeholders.
• Work with senior management, distribution partner marketing staff and agencies to produce impactful and distribution plans and marketing initiatives for the overall brand and individual films.
• Foster conversations and leverage them to help build/manage our own communities and networks for the brand and specific films.
• Utilize multiple forms of media to engage audiences that entice them to discover, consume and share with their individual networks.
• Establish ongoing audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficacy of our social media and overall marketing plans.
• Work with Senior Marketing manager, creative advertising executives and publicity executives to coordinate overall campaigns.
• Monitor, analyze and report competitive marketing campaigns.
• 10 years relevant professional experience in entertainment, media or tech with a strong online/digital and social media background.
• In-depth understanding of entertainment marketing, media planning, social media principles, planning, SEO, buying/amplification and creative/production functions.
• Solid entertainment industry knowledge and passion.
• Strong knowledge of the theatrical and Home Entertainment business across the landscape.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
• Proven success in marketing films in the theatrical arena.
• Strategic and creative thinker who can bring fresh ideas to a rapidly growing business and changing industry.
• Thorough understanding of the theatrical marketing and digital/social universe and with the ability to tap into emerging trends, platforms and technologies.
• Understanding of financial systems for marketing budget controls.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.