Sr. Content Acquisition Manager - Amazon Channels
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2017 3:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr. Content Acquisition Manager - Amazon Channels jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Sr. Content Acquisition Manager - Amazon Channels postings
Full Time Job
Amazon Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Amazon Prime, new releases for rent or purchase, and subscriptions through Amazon Channels. Amazon Channels, launched in 2015, is an OTT platform that supports distributing video channels including as Showtime and Starz without a cable subscription on the Amazon Video platform. This team is responsible for creating and growing innovative new projects for customers within the Amazon Channels business.
Amazon Channels is seeking an experienced content acquisition manager to expand the selection of video content available for Amazon's customers.
• Developing acquisition plans, financial metrics, and goals for senior management.
• Establishing strong relationships with content providers at a decision-making level.
• Expanding content selection from existing content partners and identifying potential new partners and negotiating and executing agreements with new partners.
• Driving improvements in all agreements Amazon maintains with content suppliers.
• Working with appropriate leaders and across all functional areas within Amazon Instant Video to execute partnerships.
• Preparing and giving business reviews to senior leaders.
• Working closely with the Amazon Instant Video team leaders to develop new services and product offerings.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 7 years of experience in licensing and/or business development, including strong negotiations and partner development skills
• A track record of success in the content licensing and/or business development arena
• Excellent business judgment and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies.
• MBA or JD strongly preferred
• Movies & TV distribution/licensing experience helpful