Senior International Distribution Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios – Sr International Distribution Manager, Original Movies
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, and the studio has since released Creative Control, Elvis & Nixon, and Love & Friendship in 2016.
We are now looking for a proven leader to be a Senior International Distribution Manager for our Original Movies program. The ideal candidate will use their customer obsession to identify and implement innovative international distribution strategies that balance the needs of local distributors with those of producers, talent, and end consumers.
The Senior International Distribution Manager will report to the Head of International Film Strategy and be responsible for working across all stages of the international movie distribution, marketing, and financing processes. In this role you will be expected to flex your analytical abilities, creative muscles, and negotiation skills. Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must as metrics & data are used daily to inform decisions. Additionally, you must be able to work at both the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas) and at the tactical level (negotiating deals, analysing the impact, and solving problems).
The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter, endlessly curious & constantly seeking new learning across Amazon and our industry, detail-oriented & extremely organized, capable of dealing with ambiguity and scoping new areas, and comfortable working with creative teams, international distributors, and senior management. We are looking for a business athlete with a passion for movies who shows hustle, takes ownership in leading the thinking of the business, and helps foster a high-energy & high-performance culture.
• Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to use data to make decisions
• Proven ability to clearly and concisely convey information, ideas, and policies
• Experience with building financial models and the ability to accurately draw recommendations from large amounts of data
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with Amazon executives at all levels, as well as outside producers, agents and distribution partners
• Ability to interpret and audit legal documents
• Ability to understand business levers and tradeoffs to move quickly and negotiate mutually beneficial agreements
• A record of high achievement
• MBA and/or JD
• Top-tier education
• 7-10 years work experience
• Detailed knowledge of media, entertainment, and technology