Senior Design Technologist
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Advertising Design Technology is Amazon's custom development and prototyping team for advertisers and agencies. We focus on the conception, prototyping and execution of branded custom experiences across Amazon properties.
As a lead on the Design Technology team you will split your time between execution and strategy. You will be contributing to the definition of new ad products, pre-sales prototypes and custom campaign execution, all while working directly with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Account teams.
You are customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, comfortable working on highly technical teams and are skilled in using data and insights to make decisions. You are a leader in the never-ending process of improving your team standards, writing documentation and able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high-level of autonomy. You can translate business requirements into bar raising customer experiences by thinking first from a customer's perspective and setting relentlessly high standards for yourself and your team.
You are equally passionate about design and development. You have strong front-end proficiency, be a creative problem solver at the core and have a keen eye for world class functional design. You will bring disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver branded shopping experiences for millions of customers worldwide and work across desktop, mobile, Fire tablet, Fire TV, Alexa, Out of Home and emerging devices.
• Owning the end-to-end development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective
• Providing design and leadership by working closely with business teams to develop campaign strategy, use cases, and technical requirements
• Presenting work to peers, product teams and executive leadership
• Providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to your immediate and extended team
• Partnering with program and product managers to appropriately identify and assess features for future product offerings.
Here are some things that we're looking for:
• Proven web development experience across multiple devices, webviews and browsers
• Proven ability to simplify complex problems into intuitive and elegant experiences
• Ability to deliver functional prototypes on new devices
• Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Ability to participate in the full lifecycle of design and development -- including ideation, prototyping, development, backwards compatibility, failovers, validation, and user-testing
• **Please include your online portfolio and process examples in your application.**
• 5 years experience as lead designer, developer or technologist
• Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Experience using AWS in production environments
• Understanding of performance and how to mitigate latency issues
• Familiarity with digital marketing, advertising, and metrics across Entertainment and Automotive verticals
• Familiar with creative ideation and brainstorm sessions with internal and external partners
• Familiarity with Android and/or iOS development
• Familiarity with Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Alexa, Voice Design
• Familiarity of Java/Ruby/Python/Obj-C, Swift or OpenCV
• BS/MS in computer science, technology, design, or equivalent professional experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.