Senior Corporate Counsel, Trademarks
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Do you love TV shows and movies? As the attorney leading the Amazon Studios IP Team, you will be responsible for shaping a full-service IP department focused on filmed entertainment. In this role, you will lead a small and dynamic team of IP professionals dedicated to global trademark, copyright and domain issues for Amazon Studios. Responsibilities will include management of title clearance and protection; trademark risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement; copyright protection and enforcement; client counseling; deal negotiation and licensing; developing and implementing IP processes and best practices; dispute management; and educating and counseling the business on IP matters. The position will reside in Santa Monica, California and will report to the Director of Intellectual Property. Compensation is based on experience and will include equity compensation.
• At least 10 years of experience with trademark and copyright issues, particularly those relevant to television and film production and distribution (in-house experience strongly preferred).
• Expert-level knowledge of trademark and copyright issues, opportunities and best practices for companies in the entertainment space.
• Ability to lead a team responsible for all trademark and copyright-related activities – including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance, enforcement, deal negotiation and dispute resolution – in a fast-paced, frugal environment.
• A J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
• Ability to understand and resolve complex legal and business issues.
• Ability to translate IP issues to members of the creative, marketing, business, management and legal teams.
• Creativity, attention to detail, commitment to customer service and excellent communication skills.
• A sense of humor and a passion for branding.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation