Senior Corporate Counsel, Labor And Employment
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon's legal team. We are looking for an experienced labor and employment attorney to help support our growing entertainment industry businesses.
This position will handle union and talent engagement issues requiring experience with the guild and union agreements, including with respect work rules, creative rights, residuals, credit, arbitrations, and audits and preferably with respect to new media. This position will also be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on compliance with collective bargaining agreements. The successful candidate will provide practical advice to production and Human Resources clients regarding issues such as those relating to labor/guild guidance in connection with development, production and marketing of movies and TV, liaising with third party production companies, and labor and employment issues, including related to discrimination, disability accommodation, hiring, performance management and discharge, wage and hour, wrongful termination, contingent worker risk, and other relevant labor and employment issues. Responsibilities also include managing litigation, government agency investigations, audits and administrative charges, developing and delivering employment law related training, as well as the assessment, selection, and supervision of outside counsel.
This position will work actively with internal clients in development and production as well as Human Resources and requires the ability to travel and work extended hours when necessary.
This position reports to the Senior Corporate Counsel, Labor & Employment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
• 7 years of legal experience is required
• J.D. degree and membership in good standing in one state bar is required
• Experience serving as legal counsel for motion picture studios, production companies and/or networks is required
• Membership in good standing in the California bar
• California employment law experience
• A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience
• In-house experience at a motion picture studio, production company, or network
• Experience drafting and negotiating talent agreements
• Experience drafting, negotiating and interpreting union and guild agreements
• Experience successfully management of guild and union relationships
• International labor and employment law experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Common sense and great legal judgment