Senior Content Acquisition Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2017 11:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Content Acquisition Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Content Acquisition Manager postings
Full Time Job
Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon Video!
Amazon.com is seeking a savvy and analytical digital content licensing executive to join our Prime Video content acquisition team. This individual will be responsible for helping to define and, in turn, to execute the content strategy for Movie content on our Prime Video service in the US and in international territories.
In addition to strong negotiation skills, the ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure, and isn't afraid to role his/her sleeves up as needed. S/he must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, and think outside of his/her direct sphere of responsibility.
• Define and execute the content acquisition strategy for Movie content on Amazon's Prime Video service, in international territories and the US
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management
• Lead all aspects of content licensing negotiations, including content selection, financial analysis, forecasting, and technical requirements
• Manage relationships with key content providers
• Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., marketing, public relations, finance, operations, etc.)
• Use behavior, usage and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Work closely with Amazon Video leaders to develop new services and product offerings
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
• Bachelor degree
• 5 years of experienced in a high volume account management, content licensing or finance role.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills (e.g. ability to use and modify data sets in Excel, write SQL queries and export data, etc.)
• Proven ability to negotiate complex license or business development agreements in high pressure environments
• A track record of excellence in a similar role
• Excellent written communication and organizational skills
• Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
• MBA a plus
• International content licensing and/or business development experience
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Strong passion and knowledge about movies & TV