IMDbPro Sr. Product Manager
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 190 million unique visitors per month. IMDbPro is IMDb's professional subscription business, with the mission of informing and connecting professionals in the entertainment industry.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, results-oriented product manager to help shape the future of IMDbPro. As a Product Manager for IMDbPro, you will be responsible for driving subscriber and revenue growth by defining the IMDbPro experience, conceiving of and driving initiatives that provide the best subscriber experience, and increasing customer acquisition and reducing churn. You will collect customer insights, assess industry trends, set product requirements, develop functional specifications, coordinate and refine technical and UI designs, and deliver high quality products on-time. You have the primary responsibility for all product deliverables and act as the single point of contact for all product communication.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in digital product management roles and a proven track record of launching successful products. The candidate must have demonstrated sound business judgment and be able to think strategically and creatively about a quickly growing business, while at the same time have the analytical ability and desire to drive hands-on execution. Keys to success include exceptional analytical, creative, communication, writing and interpersonal skills, along with a focus on details and a drive for improvement.
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Establish the product vision, goals and key business metrics/indicators (KPIs) for success.
• Define customer and product requirements, and clearly communicate and coordinate the requirements to the development team and other stakeholders. Requirements will be based on intimate knowledge of customer insights and product usage patterns, including current and prospective customers, along with analysis of existing data.
• Oversee user interface design, usability testing, customer research, metrics and data analysis, product launch and product marketing.
• Work cross-functionally with designers, software development engineers, finance, customer service, editorial, and IMDb leadership on a rapid and iterative product development cycle.
• Manage bottlenecks, resolve escalations, anticipate and make feature and resource trade-offs, balance the business needs against technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
Membership on the IMDbPro team is a big opportunity for your work to be used by professionals in the entertainment industry. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to speak with you.
• 5 years of Product Management experience in technology/internet companies
• Successful history of shipping innovative products.
• Must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically, deal with ambiguity, manage changing priorities and influence others.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly and analytically, solve problems, scope business requirements and prioritize work on projects.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination.
• MBA is strongly preferred.
• Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.