AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. The Content Analytics group focuses on ensuring we invest in the most promising content for our customers. We are seeking a Finance Manager to be a key business partner with Amazon's Digital Video Content Acquisition team. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead and support strategic value-added analyses around content acquisition, developing key insights around core business metrics
• Facilitate strategic planning and the allocation of the content budget annually, and management and controllership throughout the year
• Monitor and analyze key predictors, identify trends and present actionable insights to the Content Acquisition leadership team
• Own and execute new engagement initiative modeling and evaluation
• Create and analyze financial data and reports, providing key variance explanation, and highlight areas of risk and opportunity inherent in our WW Digital Video organization.
This position involves many ad hoc projects, and therefore a successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have exceptional Finance skills and strong understanding of Accounting principles, solid leadership skills and firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results.
He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Marketing, Operations & Accounting. The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners both in the US as well as abroad. You must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• Finance Degree or equivalent
• Solid years of experience in a highly analytical environment in which complex modelling and analysis is performed
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving, utilizing financial modelling and analysis, including great Excel skills
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
• Strong financial modeling & analytical skills; Superior attention to detail.
• Persuasive oral/written communication skill
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Excel, Access, and COGNOS. Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• MBA and/or Professional accounting qualifications