Content Insight Analyst
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon. Amazon.com is seeking an experienced digital content insight analyst within the Amazon Prime Video team with responsibility for helping to expand our content provider network internationally.
The Content Insight Analyst role is an important analytical role focused on helping Amazon Prime Video assess and evaluate the value of licensed content to our Prime Video service in US and in international locales. This Analyst will be tasked with attaining an excellent knowledge of the Amazon Prime Video content catalog(s) in key international locales, and using this knowledge to help inform content licensing activities of the Prime Video Content Acquisition team. The role will require analyzing large amounts of performance data (mostly within xls) and presenting and recutting this data in manner suitable to match the evaluation or reporting requirements of the Prime Video business. Often at short notice, data inputs will help form the basis of negotiations and content acquisitions.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Build insights that demonstrate the value of digital content
• Creating reporting on the performance of content on the service by differing value metrics
• Mapping data from DVD, TV Rating, Streaming and EST together to present an overall value to a piece of content.
• Analyze international OTT content market segment conditions, challenges and opportunities.
• Work closely with the Amazon Prime Video team leaders to develop new services and product offerings.
• Analyze results to drive improvements in acquisitions strategy.
• Develop and document acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
• Drive continuous improvement in all operational aspects of Amazon's relationship with its digital content suppliers
• Problem Solving and Analysis: This role requires financial analysis and planning at its center. Good acquisition requires cost/benefit analysis, and an understanding of what is of value to our customer base.
• Attention to detail and meticulous planning of data management
• Reviewing spreadsheets and sales documents to formulate numerical evaluation of product
• Competent justification of requests, supported by data
• Demonstrates independent thinking when evaluating critical information to reach conclusions.
• Anticipates problems and formulates contingency plans.
• Understanding the Environment – internal and external
• Understand how to operate to get things done. Business acumen.
• Work within the realms of the business and understand the approvals process
• Understand the TV/Movie marketplace and work ahead of the curve
• Impact / Influence: Using facts to support arguments and presents information in a logical way
• Managing upwards and downwards appropriately.
• Enhancing the reputation of Amazon and making a positive impact externally, as well as internally.
• Team working: Content spans multiple teams, and working with a wider group or individuals and motivating them will be key
• Participates as a team player and establishes working relationships to deliver positive results.
• Embracing Change – Adaptability; this role is about changing attitudes to television consumption both within and outside our business. Some areas will be resistant to change, but this role will be a key driver in presenting the benefits of this change.
• Overcomes resistance to change, and dealing effectively with setbacks.
• Drive – Initiative: Especially important in this role, as this is a new area which will become the future of our business
• Ability to work unsupervised and takes active responsibility for meeting own goals and also will ask for support when required
• Determined to steer in the right direction and overcome obstacles. Looks at broader picture and the implications of issues
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• Strong financial acumen and adept at quantitative analysis
• 6 years of experienced in a high volume account management, licensing or business development role
• Knowledge of database management systems and ability to run SQL queries is a requirement
• A proven record in applying statistical methods and problem solving in a business context
• Experience with database programmes and CRM systems.
• A track record of success in content licensing and/or business development
• Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
• Content licensing and/or business development experience, internationally
• Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies
• Strong interest and knowledge about movies & TV
• Movies & TV distribution/licensing experience helpful
• Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
• Strong working relationships with multi-national and local content providers
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills and client facing attitude.
• Can-do, solutions oriented attitude with a willingness to problem solve problems with limited notice.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet