Sr. Production Finance
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our projects include award winning comedy series TRANSPARENT, MOZART IN THE JUNGLE, and Drama Series MAN IN THE CASTLE. Our approach to development differs from most production companies or networks with the addition of an open submission process and using the customer feedback to select shows that will get greenlit to series.
This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing film and television studio production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting and production finance functions. The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance.
• Implement industry best accounting practices for the studio project portfolio, including:
• Hiring and managing accounting teams for productions and ensuring they are following studio guidelines.
• Monitoring terms of collective bargaining agreements.
• Documentation of key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Working with Global Financial Systems and Operations teams to implement effective solutions.
• Partnering with the business to scope and implement studio production finance and accounting solutions
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.
• Accounting, finance, or quantitative undergraduate degree
• 6 years experience in finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a significant portion in the film and television production industry.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines.
• Experience implementing and improving business process and systems.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: MediaWeb, Vista, PSL, Ease
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers
• Strong organization and time management skills
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!