Sr. HR Business Partner
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our Santa Monica office of Amazon is seeking a Sr. HR Business Partner to support our growing employee base. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can directly impact the experience for our customers. We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. We do this every day by solving complex technical, creative and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
The Team: We are tackling a variety of problems, and we all cover numerous HR domains. You will play an active role in supporting new and existing employees in the employment lifecycle as well as translating business and functional requirements into concrete employee related deliverables. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people. Not to mention, exposure to all of our businesses in Santa Monica including Amazon Studios, IMDb.com, Amazon Media Group, and Amazon Web Services.
Job description: This role will work closely with our employees and leaders in our Santa Monica office to provide world-class HR support for a variety of topics including onboarding, training and development, employee relations, retention and reward programs, performance management, and responding to manager / employee requests. The HRBP role is critical in creating and executing our people initiatives, providing great internal HR support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement across a diverse employee base. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• Comfort with handling a high volume workload and administrative tasks such as: compiling data and metrics, directing employees and managers to proper HR policies and processes, interfacing with the Employee Resource Center to resolve employee issues, scheduling training and other HR activities, onboarding, managing employee exits, ensuring interns are hired appropriately through recruitment systems and background checks are initiated and coordinating multiple aspects of the annual performance review process
• The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the ''pulse'' of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• The ability to coach and mentor at the management and employee level
• Experience working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify and troubleshoot problems and identify appropriate solutions
• Strong experience with program management, defining what we hope to accomplish and following through to deliverables and analysis of effectiveness of the programs
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of employees within the company
• Experience with rapid growth and complex changing work environment
• Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
• Must be able to interface at multiple levels of the organization and create partnerships with the HR Centers of Excellence
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• For us, key strengths are recognized as - flexibility, organization, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
• A minimum 5 years relevant HR experience
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding compensation, benefits and employee issues
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills -- accuracy is essential
• Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience and be focused on customer service and satisfaction
• Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies• • Excellent presentation skills and experience delivering training • Intermediate level experience with Word and Excel, including but not limited to charts, pivots and filters
• Experience with HRIS systems, i.e. PeopleSoft, Oracle
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!