Sr. Brand Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the original content arm of Amazon Prime Video on Amazon.com. The Studios team is responsible for creating distinctive, critically-acclaimed and award-winning original programming, and in the past year alone we have launched many new series, seasons and specials for adults and kids, including Emmy-winning Amazon Original Series ''Transparent,'' ''Mozart in the Jungle,'' ''Tumble Leaf'' and ''The Man in the High Castle.''
The Studios team is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with a passion for growing a business focused on unique and inspiring entertainment that delivers for our customers. The Senior Brand Manager will be responsible for executing campaigns on and off Amazon that build awareness for and deeper engagement with Amazon Original Series. They will lead development of integrated communication plans to launch new series/seasons as well as oversee strategic planning for year-round lifecycle engagement, including working with and guiding teams to help build events, media plans, advertising creative, promotions, social media programs, campaign analysis, tracking, business development and more. This individual will be based in Santa Monica, California.
Manage the process from start to finish for strategy, development and execution of integrated marketing plans for series and initiatives. This includes:
• Lead overall franchise strategy for assigned projects, including creation of goals, marketing approach, audience targets, positioning and overall communication strategy
• Architect global plans that consider paid, owned and earned media, as well as key disciplines (e.g., social, promotions, events, etc.) to build out holistic strategy and present all information in a timely manner to key executives and partners
• Drive the development of cross-discipline plans by working closely with and gathering inputs from all stakeholders including, but not limited to, creative, media, social, PR, content development, legal, research, production, business development, Amazon Media Group, Amazon O&O, product, external agencies and other relevant teams
• Act as a leader and ''catalyst'' who inspires others to deliver bar-raising, best in class ideas and plans, eliminating barriers that may work against this
• Identify assets needed for each campaign/initiative and communicate to relevant team(s) in a timely manner
• Provide creative direction and feedback to internal creative teams to ensure all is on brand and aligns with campaign strategy
• Oversee project budgets and work with team to track and forecast, as well as process PO's in a timely manner
• Align closely with research teams to lead series, initiative, brand and other priority consumer insight studies
• Monitor and analyze key marketing metrics (CPP, CPM, etc.), quality and campaign performance
• Provide inventive and innovative thinking to the process to simplify and improve effectiveness and efficiency
• Cultivate positive relationships with appropriate external studio partners, showrunners and talent
• 10 years of relevant marketing management experience with a major brand or entertainment company, with focus on simultaneously leading, developing, launching and growing multiple franchises, initiatives and products
• Ability to lead teams of direct and/or non-direct reports
• Experience guiding creative development and media planning process
• Advanced decision-making skills with demonstrated ability to influence direction
• Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders and external agencies/partners
• Strong understanding of marketing principles and customer engagement tactics
• Solid knowledge of the TV/entertainment landscape and streaming platforms
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Exemplary project management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment
• Operates with significant autonomy
• Demonstrated bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves to get work done, even when outside the scope of the job
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communication or related field
• MBA with emphasis in marketing, communication or related discipline
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!