Senior Financial Analyst
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Purchase to Payments
The Amazon Studios team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to build and lead the accounts payable, purchasing and payment system for Amazon Studios. This role is ultimately responsible for the Systems, Processes and Policies for an end-to-end solution for all payments.
This position involves many ad hoc projects, and therefore a successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have exceptional Finance skills and strong understanding of Finance & Accounting principles, solid leadership skills and firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results.
He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Development, Production & Operations, and Accounting. The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners both domestically as well as abroad and must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers.
• Define overall metrics and reporting approach for AP Payments, including Executive & Management Reporting, Operational Reporting and Dashboards
• Build, monitor and improve key performance metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements
• Benchmark process and payment offerings to exceed best in class companies
• Understand and manage payments levers on financial activities and financial metrics.
• Leverage metrics to identify areas for continuous improvement, including process and technology based changes
This role will be based in Santa Monica, California
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a similar field
• Solid years of experience in a highly analytical environment in which complex modelling and analysis is performed
• Knowledge of the entertainment and production business
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must be very detail-oriented and meticulous in the follow through of documentation, processes and procedures
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Oracle Financials, Excel, Access, and COGNOS. Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
• Ability to build and manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• MBA from top school and/or Professional accounting qualifications
• Knowledge of backend reporting (residuals and participations) preferred
• Experience supporting new business launch
• Excellent written and oral communication
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!