Senior Financial Analyst
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2017 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst (Equivalent to Studios or Operational Manager)
Amazon has spent nearly two decades revolutionizing the way we consume music, movies and entertainment-and now, the company is changing the way movies and TV shows are being made. Amazon Studios is the original film and series production arm of Amazon.com located in Santa Monica, CA. Known for its television series such as multi-Golden Globe winner Transparent, Annie-nominated Tumble Leaf, and Mozart in the Jungle, along with the recently announced Amazon Original Movies, Amazon Studios continues to be successful player in the entertainment industry.
Amazon Studios is looking for bar-raising financial accounting professionals who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a dynamic workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. Successful candidates will have exceptional accounting skills, knowledge of television and motion picture accounting, demonstrated leadership skills and solid business judgment. He or she will have worked successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence business decisions through effective verbal and written communication, sound judgment, and the presentation of alternatives.
Candidates for this position will have held supervisory or management role, will have worked for a big four public accounting firm at the senior accountant level for more than 2 years, or have worked in a large company as an experienced senior accountant or manager.
• Guiding the accounting function for Amazon Studios for its television and motion picture activities.
• Ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting.
• Providing direction and support for the accounting and monitoring of production, including production audits.
• Ensuring compliance with contracts including profit participations, residuals and royalties.
• Implementing the standardization and improvement of financial reporting and month-end close accounting.
• Supporting the design, implementation and maintenance of systems to support Amazon Studios.
• Providing analytical support to the finance and management team to drive improving operational & financial results.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
• 5 years of progressive accounting experience with experience in entertainment accounting.
• Understanding of the application of US GAAP, including ASC 920 and ASC 926
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• Supervising team activities and month end close processes.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation