Senior Digital Designer/Editor
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2017 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Senior Digital Designer/Editor jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Digital Designer/Editor postings
Full Time Job
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community.
Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle and The Man in the High Castle, along with original hits like One Mississippi, Fleabag, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Bosch, Catastrophe and All or Nothing. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, American Girl specials, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
Amazon Studios is seeking a talented Video Editor / Digital Designer who is well versed in social media platforms and proficient in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. Must understand branding, delivery formats, still and editorial design.
The position is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work collaboratively with creative team, brand strategists and social strategists
• Brainstorm impactful social ideas relevant for show launches and Amazon fan engagement.
• Articulate and sell ideas to larger group of peers as well as senior management
• Create short, visually compelling social materials for internal and external platforms that are aligned with campaign strategy.
• Design and animate original text, backgrounds and graphics for static graphics or videos.
• Media management, asset organization and file delivery.
• Music edits and searches
• Updating cards or graphics for existing trailers and promos
• Various minor editing and design projects.
• Assignments span all Amazon Originals including Kids, scripted Drama, scripted Comedy and Unscripted series, as well as Brand.
• Ability to suggest creative options to producers
• Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
• Must possess the ability to insert and maneuver several key graphic assets.
• Attend shoots and visit show production periodically to obtain assets
• Direct talent at shoots and events when necessary, as well as train them on social media platforms.
• Expert knowledge of current social media best practices, including channel requirements, screen resolution, and file optimization
• Passion for digital media with strong design and typography skills
• Technically proficient in all video codecs and format and the ability to transcode between them flawlessly. You should know the difference between an inter-frame and intra-frame codec.
• Expert in Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Detailed, meticulous, organized personality
• Resourceful and solution-oriented attitude and expertise in troubleshooting.
• Solid technical knowledge in all phases of post-production; video compression standards, aspect ratios, frame rates, and HD/2K/4K post production workflow.
• Must have a reel / samples of your work
• Always be learning, be curious and be positive.
• BA/BS degree
• Music editing and sound design experience
• Experience cutting trailers or TV promos
• Knowledge of IA/UX documentation and mobile/smartphone platforms
• Ability to direct talent, capture on-set video and manage event activations a bonus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation