Senior Creative Producer (AV)
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Creative Producer (Av) - Amazon Original Content
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community.
Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle and The Man in the High Castle, along with original hits like One Mississippi, Fleabag, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Bosch, Catastrophe and All or Nothing . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, Kicks, Lost In Oz and American Girl Specials, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
We are seeking creative, talented and experienced people from the entertainment industry and advertising community to join our team to market the original programming that we are distributing through Amazon Prime Video.
The Amazon Video Originals Marketing Creative Marketing team is seeking an experienced Sr. Writer / Producer with a proven ability to write, produce and conceptualize high impact trailers, spots, Behind-the-Scenes and digital promo content for our Original Series launch campaigns.
We're looking for a highly creative, strategic thinker to direct outside agencies and manage all aspects of a campaign from concept through final delivery, ensuring that all elements conform to the brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Produce and deliver promotional materials, including; Series launch promotions; Episodic promotions; Behind-the-scenes promos & vignettes; Brand spots; Guide and direct project coordinators, video editors, sound editors and announcer talent. -
• Ability to think strategically and understand the ''big picture'' of a particular project/campaign, and the needs of all the stakeholders globally. -
• Write and/or evaluate scripts -
• Work closely with Creative, Brand, Social, Synergy and Project Management teams
• Supervise projects with in house and outside production companies. -
• Organize, supervise and execute projects from concept through delivery. -
• Commitment to delivering projects on time, on budget and on brand -
• Must be capable of ''out of the box'' creative – needs to work with other team members on creating break through campaigns across all platforms. -
• Familiarity with social media platforms -
• Manage editorial, graphic production, music composition, and sound design. -
• Assist with various managerial and administrative duties.
• Position requires 5 years experience in film or TV (cable or broadcast network) preferred.
• Work should focus on launch trailers and launch promos utilizing show footage, as well as examples that utilize custom shoot footage.
• Must have experience working with program scripts and raw dailies in creating promotional spots.
• A diverse portfolio of scripted comedy, scripted drama, unscripted and kids projects a bonus
• Must possess a strong, edgy creative perspective and an impressive reel demonstrating a range of creative executions.
• Must be able to understand brand strategy and be able to implement that strategy with innovative ideas. -
• Candidate must possess administrative skills to meet the demands of a fast-paced and challenging position. -
• Must be able to direct talent and manage motion shoots
• A deep understanding of the entertainment and promotion business is critical. -
• Must have a thorough, working knowledge of on-air promotions systems, network television operations, and the television marketing and promotions industry, including a robust understanding of the production and post-production processes. -
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. -
• Must be able to negotiate estimates on jobs as well as stay on budget and follow through with all required legal requirements between agencies and Amazon
• Ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills. Must be able to distill broad creative concepts into an abbreviated and effective promotional approach. A collaborative thinker. -
• Knowledge of graphics and editorial systems is critical.
• Ability to rough projects on Avid, Final Cut, Premiere is a plus.
• Possess strong decision making skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong creative and project management skills.
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to collaborate in team environment.
• Ability to manage creative teams, inspire great creative and problem solve.
• Ability to track budgets on creative projects and negotiate estimates.
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage a significant budget.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects that are global in nature under extremely tight deadlines.
• Media industry experience.