Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com.
We are seeking a highly intelligent, results oriented and talented individual with a passion for original entertainment to join our growing Originals marketing team. The Promotions Manager will be responsible for the full cycle of a promotional campaign. Ideating, pitching and executing 3rd party promotional partnerships with Fortune 500 companies that build awareness of our Amazon Original Series. They will participate in brainstorming sessions, department meetings, external pitches and work closely with internal Amazon Synergy division to extend partners message throughout Amazon. This individual will be based in Santa Monica, California.
• Participate in the conception and execution of partnerships with Fortune 500 companies for Original Series, Kids Series and Movies.
• Collaborate with and manage internal partners and stakeholders to implement promotional opportunities supporting and enhancing the brand campaigns for Original releases.
• Coordinate activities at conventions, festivals, and other events.
• Help track and analyze key marketing metrics and campaign performance.
• Work closely with the internal synergy team to implement promotions throughout Amazon.
• Ability to collaborate successfully with internal partners and stakeholders.
• 5 -7 years of relevant marketing experience doing synergy, national promotions or franchise management at a studio or major entertainment company, brand management at a major brand and/or marketing agency, consumer marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products.
• An understanding of marketing principles and communication tactics including various forms of digital/social, out of home, grassroots, TV/radio, and alternative marketing.
• Ability to use metrics to track performance of promotions.
• Relevant marketing experience within entertainment or original entertainment properties
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
• Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
Amazon firmly believes in equal employment opportunity for all and the importance of each associate as an individual. It is the policy of Amazon that there will be no discrimination against any associate or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status.
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!