Post Production Supervisor, Features
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2016 11:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Production Supervisor, Features jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Post Production Supervisor, Features postings
Full Time Job
The Post Production Supervisor will help oversee all original movies that are produced by Amazon. This position will work closely with the Amazon Original Movies (AOM) Post and Physical Production Departments to review scripts, advise on budgets, vet potential production/post vendors and crew, and manage the final post and delivery process for all features. The Post Production Supervisor is responsible for educating our productions on the AOM delivery schedule and ensuring all deliverables for both a theatrical release as well as a platform release are covered in the proposed post production budgets and schedules. The Post Supervisor will support and interface with the production teams through all stages of production including overseeing all original production workflows from camera acquisitions through the final post production and delivery process, trouble-shooting any issues with data management or film development during production, assisting production and post teams in vendor negotiations, and ensure the teams are adhering to the AOM delivery schedule and AOM Post protocols. Internally, the Post Supervisor will aid in post production research for special internal projects and help facilitate studio screenings. This position will also liaise between AOM Marketing, Finance and Legal departments as needed to support the delivery and release of the films. This position requires think big problem solving, frugality, and attention to detail. There should be a constant focus on ensuring that the delivery of our original movies meets Amazon's technical standards and deadlines on budget. A team player with a positive, efficient, and communicative work ethic is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Review original scripts to analyze specific post production challenges and needs and discuss with Physical Production and the producers to create a cohesive, approve-able blueprint for post on each project.
• Oversee multiple projects at any given time
• Analyze budgets to determine if the proposed budget will support all post productions and delivery needs. Maintain oversight over the post production budget by reviewing weekly cost reports from production through post.
• Vet vendors and post-production staff
• Help create production workflows from camera acquisition through final delivery
• Work closely with producers, editors and post-production supervisors from each of the Production Teams to identify issues, support needs and propose solutions
• Provide support to production teams for dailies management and interface with vendors as needed
• Provide oversight, as needed, for picture editorial, sound editorial, studio screenings etc.
• Supervise the workflow from camera acquisition to delivery to the Edit Room to final delivery
• Provide oversight for production to post production hand-off, VFX and post finishing
• Work closely with Post Production Supervisor from Production Team and production service company staff to ensure all deliverables are delivered in proper form on time.
• Communicate with AOM Physical Production and AOM Legal on any deliverable issues
• Liaise with Marketing, AOM Legal and AOM Finance as needed
• Some travel is required
4-6 years of feature post production experience
Management experience preferred
Strong feature budgeting, budget tracking and schedule maintenance experience
Strong experience with UHD, HDR, and Film workflows
Strong experience with complex delivery schedules for theatrical and home entertainment distribution
Strong relationships with sound, editorial, and finishing post houses
Ability to manage multiple productions at various stages in the production/post process at one time
A combination of experience both inside a studio-style organization and as a freelance post supervisor.
Strong working knowledge of camera formats and production workflows
Strong knowledge of sound, dialogue and music editing and mixing workflows
Experience with International deliverables and distribution
Experience with MPAA and Guild requirements/specifications
Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor