Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Originals Marketing team is seeking a Photo Editor and Junior Producer with experience editing entertainment photography and producing photo shoots. The position will work closely with the Photography Manager to field photo requests from both the marketing and publicity departments to help fulfill advertising and editorial placements for Amazon's original programming. Candidate must be highly organized with a passion for photography.
• Edit unit and gallery photography for Amazon Originals Programming.
• Fulfill photo requests for the marketing and publicity departments.
• Oversee talent photo approvals.
• Oversee retouching on unit photography.
• Ensure photography is organized and available to international partners prior to show launches.
• Caption key sets of unit photography for Amazon Originals titles.
• Assist Photography Manager in unit and photography production as needed.
• Produce photo galleries for assigned titles.
• Negotiate and license third party photos as needed.
• Open internal POs and negotiate with third party vendors.
• Minimum 3 years editing entertainment photography.
• A thorough understanding of the design production process and terminology.
• Comprehensive understanding of photography including file formats and terminology.
• Experience licensing images.
• Ability to understand photographic needs for internal and external editorial/marketing clients.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in Photo Mechanic, Lightroom or similar editing program.
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!